Wednesday, July 13, 2005

I miss star-spangled banner

I miss those days when my roommates and I woke up early in the winter morning, having our cereal breakfast while all staring at the freezing white thick snow outside the window. 15 minutes later we went back to sleep and skipped the class at 8:00am.

I miss those days when everyone started learning cooking and brought a dish or two to a potluck gathering at a friend's house. Frankly, some food were terribly tasted good.

I miss those days when we were studying, eating and sleeping in the library like our home until we saw the light of dawn. We were hardworking students who had such an unlikely balance of alcohol and books.

I miss those days when crazy alcohol parties got us all high and drunk and then puked everywhere. Police knocked on our door in the middle of the night, warning us to stop the crazy noise with the this: 'if the third time we're here, y'all would be in jail.'

I miss those days when we travelled from state to state by rental car, driving in 80-90 mph at night. The rental agent was surprised when we returned the car with an unbelivably 3500 miles of millage in 10 days.

I miss those days when it was so hot and we had been hermit for the whole summer at home during daytime that lasted until 9pm. Then we got nothing better to do than having gambling session all nite.

I miss the anthem '...O say, does that star-spangled banner yet wave. O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave.'

I miss Kentucky, the state that comes with the nick 'Blue Grass', alluding to the blue-grass region where the finest racing horses are bred and Ahem...and the greatest students are educated.

I miss everything in a town called Lexington.


Note: Lexington - the "Horse Capital of the World," located in the heart of the Bluegrass. It is the second largest city in Kentucky state.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

sam, r u kidding me man. lexington is the place to be when r 50 and retired. just like kuantan. but then again, i do miss those days that u mentioned. however, those were the days. it's over. nada. kaput. furthermore, everyone's either working or gone back home. the malaysian pop over here is like less than 50, i think. everybody's move on. don't dwell on the past as it's never coming back. sometimes, i wish i was back home too but then again, i realized that it doesn't really matter where u are coz everyone's moved on like i mentioned earlier. can we still hang out and do crazy dumbass stuffs like we used to? yes. but only temporarily. maybe during the holidays but not like when we were college kids who have no worry in the world at all. everyone always misses the old days. but times have changed. we have responsibilities, either to provide for the family or to save for the future. life's like that. u can't have happy days forever. cherish the moments and move on.

peace out bro.

:: Sam :: said...

im not dwelling on it lah. I said i miss 'those days'...'those days' in the past, not now.. Lexington is a dead town now. And of coz i'm moving on with KL life. If u want me to go back now -- no way man. Life here is farking enjoyable. Yeah!

coconino said...

surprising, i never miss the past, at least not the college life.