Thursday, July 07, 2005

Chicken Job

I've got a job offer, but I was given two weeks to think about it.
Imagine a job that contains the following:
  1. 80% of traveling in 365 days (pls read more about it...)

  2. You would never know where you gonna be next week.

  3. You would never know when you gonna leave.

  4. You don't have to unpack your luggage at home because you would be flying in 2-4 days again.

  5. 4 days minimum/ 2 weeks maximum in a chicken farm, somewhere around in Asia Pacific (well, the farthest is Pakistan, the nearest, say, Jakarta)

  6. Your job is to fix an egg grading and packing machine that costs a few million bucks.

  7. Just put chicken smell out of the list.

  8. NOT A HIGH PAY JOB.
It's the world's largest egg grading and packing machine producer. A Holland company. I was told again and again by the interviewer: 'Travelling is an issue in our company. You must think about it carefully.'

It's crazy to travel more frequent than an air-stewardess. Lena told me they know where they would be in the following month when they receive the duty roster. Unlike this job, when there's a million-dollar machine breaks down you have to travel all the way to fix it at any time.

So i think about it. Carefully (as i was told to). Then I rejected it.

No comments: