Sunday, January 22, 2006

Mei June's Wed

In the past 4 days, I was running around from Melaka to Johor, then from Johor to Singapore. Exhausting business trip but kinda contented, except some shitty things my boss threw me.

So, I rushed to Crowne Plaza Hotel for Mei June's glorious wedding dinner with Cheryl. I still couldn't believe that Mei June is getting married because she doesn't change much since primary school. She still looks the same as she was in primary school but now she's married with a husband. I don't know how to describe this. In my poor memory she's still a young little girl I knew 15 years ago, then somehow we lost touch for the past 15 years. And when we get in touch back, she's getting married. I'm glad she has found the one who loves her so much.

I've been going to numerous weddings before this. Mei June's wedding is surely one of the best. Soft music played by a Jazz band. No Kitaro's famous theme or 'Final Countdown' came along with the first dish (together with the stupid lighting). No 70's karaoke. Cocktails are served. Beautiful deco on the stage and entrance. Oh yeah, not to forget the three large projectile screens that show a hilarious but lovely video of the ceremony in the morning. People are dressed up for the dinner. The ambience was chilled and romantic with calming color of lights. Best of all, no drunkards 'yam-seng' all night disturbing other guests around.

After all, a delightful night.


A photo of me and MeiJune taken a year ago

No comments: