I received a sudden message from Lilian, saying she couldnt attend Brian and Cherlyn's wedding this Sunday because she was hospitalized.
I was shocked and texted her, 'What happened? Which hospital?' She didn't reply, and the phone was engaged all nite.
Then the day after I called her. She told me she got Dengue (Dengki). So I went to SJMC to visit her after work. She was in the Intensive Care Unit. At first I never thought this could be so serious. The nurse said her platelet cell dropped from normal 140 to 4...If it dropped to 1, she would get internal bleeding and game over.
Lilian seemed getting better after 4 packs of blood being delivered to her body. I judged that she's okay when I saw her pressing phone calculator to count the medical charges, and she said it's bloody expensive to stay in the hospital for so many days.
'Lil, take care of your health first lah! Health is more important now~!' I said.
She sighed, 'it's boring here~~' She's always an energetic girl, but now she's like a gasless balloon. I bought her some magazines to spend the boring night.
She might need more blood. Totally 6 packs of blood will be delivered but might need more. Think I have to donate some for her tomorrow if she needs.
P/S: I got a few mosquito bites on my legs these few days. Hmmm..? Damn. better see doc immediately if i have fever.
Thursday, December 02, 2004
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment