Monday, November 08, 2004

I got blocked by police

I got blocked by police 3 times over the weekends. Dammit.

Went to KLCC for a movie last Friday nite, then got blocked at Jalan Imbi. OK, I was asked to blow (do i look like alcoholic? i just went for a movie lah.) Luckily, no alcohol involved, so nothing happened.

Saturday nite, went to Passion to meet a bunch of old friends. After the drinking hrs, there was a police's block waiting outside the junction to Jalan Ampang. Nobody could run off if they're coming from pubs and clubs along Jalan P.Ramlee heading to Jalan Ampang. And this time, i had to blow again. Damn, i think i really looked like a freaking alcoholic!! Still, nothing happened eventhough my stomach was full of alcohol...i dunno why, i think i've 'learnt' to blow already, hehe.. Just take a goddamn deep breathe and pretend to blow a little wind to that tester. It took alot of acting to do that. But must make sure the police believe in you. Else you would be asked for another 'Tiup lagi, kuat sikit!' (Blow again, harder!)

Then I passed again for the alcoholic test. Haha..

While two of my frds and I were celebrating the happy moment of passing the test in the car, I excitedly stepped on the accelerator pedal after the yellow light turning red at a junction. Damn, police again in front of Menara HLA. Here's the translated conversation:

"Do you know the green light has turned red?" the fat Indian policeman said and started copying my detail after he took my driver license.
"Gimme a chance, bro..Tolong la, i just got blocked in Jalan P.Ramlee."
"If you got saman, you will be fined $300 you know, $300 you know?! (yes, he repeated twice). You see your car plate is missing a letter."
"Can we settle this?"
"How do you want it to be settled?"
"50?" (I just got $50 Ringgit bills..and a $10)
"Fifty?! Cannot la, you see we got so many brothers here, and you know Raya is coming lah.. $100 lah."

(Damn you.)

"That's too much for me, bro. I won't pay $100... $60 the most!"
"Raya lah. $80 lah. You paid once and you'll get protected, no more saman"
"Last year you guys said the same thing to me too! OK, fine! you just give me the saman"
"OK, we make a deal here, $70..."
"$70? Okay, deal! I dun wanna waste my time.." I really said that.

When I digged my wallet, i just noticed i got 1 $10 ringgit bill, and the rest are $50 ringgit bills!

"Bro, back to $60? Can ar?" (Haha..)
He shaked his fatass and all of sudden he slipped his hand into his pocket and threw 3 $10 Ringgit bills into my car. Very fast. Whoa!

"Pass me $100 together with your driver license. Slowly... here, underneath, my hand.."
"This is the biggest amount i have ever paid!!!" I complained.
He smiled and said, "Jalan lah~~ Now you are safe.."

This is the freaking corruption that happens all the time in Malaysia, especially when there's a holiday coming!! They're no different than gangsters.

Well, i think:- Next time, i'd start with a dealing 'price'. If he wants more than that, i'd ask for the summons. Insistently. Let's see who wins...

5 comments:

coconino said...

hey i always wonder this: when the police asks u for $$, can u be fierceful and asked him,'wat is ur badge number? I wanna sue you for corruption.'

Has anyone done that before? will the police be scared?

it's a matter of whether ppl wanna step up and take the saman bullet and sue these mafa's asses.

:: Sam :: said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
:: Sam :: said...

They're not stupid assholes. They never start with the $$ first but keep scaring u with 'ur fine would be how much...what punishment u would get?'.... until u start to deal with it with $$

Shirlyn said...

I got a saman recently. that day caught by speeding *of course not me driving... then the stupid policeman at first wan teh money but we try to bargain for paying lesser...who knows he is so lcly don wanna bargain so we just ask for the saman... bad luck of me =(

coconino said...

hey u guys, be a good citizen and pay the due loh. If everyone starts not to take responsibility of their behaviors, corruption will never cease.