Monday, April 28, 2008

1 and a half week to go before the suffering and challenging Mount K.K. hiking trip.

When I am asked about why I go hiking, I would give this beautifully structured lines: '...some people have a strong mind but a weak body. Some people have a strong body but a weak mind. Hiking gives you strength in both. It's like you are walking your own pace of your life. Your body feels the ache and tireness, your mind senses the weakness and unwillingness. But you gotta move on. Same as your life. Pain and unhappiness are always there in your life but you have to move on. There's no turning back.'

Nice eh? but I'm not ready to hike yet. Do I feel excited about it? Nope. I just sense the pain in my ass now.

Anyway, I've learned this word from a hiking website: 'touron'. It is used by most national park employees. It's a combination of 'tourist' and 'moron'. Don't be one when you go hiking. Don't do stupid things to show other people that you are way better. I am trying to tell this guy with a capital 'N'.

No comments: