Saturday, October 22, 2005

How ya working life looks like?

From childhood on accustomed to the clock,
as Hermann Hesse said, trained to accept
"the state of a forced, breathless strain as the ideal".

We've almost forgotten the intrinsic value of time, of being, of life.
Driven by restlessness, we rush through life
as if there was a compulsory exercise to be completed or a prize to win.
A slave to blind activism, we do not only too much, but do it carelessly.

-- Michael Baeriswyl "Chillout"


That is exactly how I felt in the past 2 years and 10 months of working life for the current company. A slave. Yes, a slave to blind activism and restlessness. I worked without going on a vacation, without getting paid as what I expected, without having directions about what I am supposed to do with my future career.

It wasn't even a life. It was breathless, directionless, restless, and meaningless piece of crap.

But this will be ended in a week more. And I'm glad that I'll be released from the factory.

Good-bye, factory life :)


P/S: A company will always earn loyalty by creating an organizational culture that encourages motivation, energy and innovation. All these will just accommodate employees' needs and positive lifestyles. All these will retain employees when the company is facing a depression of business. And my current company really has to learn why so many employees are quitting this year...

1 comment:

coconino said...

its call mgmt.

hey congrats on ur new job.